In your everyday hectic schedule, there is a strong chance you forget many things and sometimes these are important ones, for example, your login ID or password, fortunately, there is help available, in case you forgot your McAfee email ID or password.
If you are unable to login to your MY account at home.mcafee.com, because you don’t remember your password or your registered email ID, here you can get some help related to it
First, this blog helps you to identify your associated email ID with us, or help in resetting your forgotten password.
The first alternative is to recognize your registered email ID
As you use the registered email ID to access McAfee’s registered services, your registered email ID can be traced in your McAfee product.
- Click and open your McAfee product.
- Then, click on my info or your subscription.
- The registered email ID is visible alongside your details of the subscription.
- Now, with that email ID, you can log in to My Account at home.mcafee.com.
Alternatively, you can also regain the email ID from the website.
- Visit mcafee.com/activate.
- Then bring along your mouse cursor over My Account.
- Click and open My Account.
- Just below the Login button.
- Click the line that says Forgot Your Email Address?
Now follow the instructions that appear on your display screen and you will need to reach our technical support team to finish this task.
The Other alternative: Resetting the password
In case you’ve somehow forgotten the password, here is how you can reset it,
- Drag your cursor over My Account.
- Click and open My Account.
- Just below the login tab.
- Click the line that says Forgot Your Password?
- Input the registered email ID.
- Click the Send Email tab.
- Now, look into your inbox for the email with the title Reset your McAfee password.
- Click open the link you see in this email to reconfigure your password.
Just to remember:
You should use the link within 72 hours, else it will expire, if this occurs, you can again repeat the same process to receive a new email.
In case you are unable to view the email, please check the spam directory.
If you take the email out of the spam directory, the links can still remain restricted from use by the email company, if this occurs:
- Make sure that firstname.lastname@example.org stays on the safe sender list to avoid McAfee emails ending up in the spam directory.
- You can repeat this reconfigure your password procedure to gain a new email.
- Click open the link in the email received to reconfigure the password.
Remember, the password that you use for your McAfee account is case sensitive
- Till May 20, 2018, your password was Lmjh0jMtB, you could still type it differently as lmjh0jMtb and log in.
- From May 21, 2018, the password you use is case sensitive, that means you must input the password with the same exact pattern or case as when doing the login.
Now, if in case you are unable to remember the exact pattern or case of the password, you can reset it, by using the Reset your password instructions as above.
If you cannot recall the exact case of your password, reset it using steps above.
John Short is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for mcafee products at mcafee.com/activate or www.mcafee.com/activate.